After a long time, I can finally publish Kombilo 0.8 with a couple of improvements compared with the 0.7.* versions:
- Install Kombilo via pip, the Python package manager. (Very easy on Linux
(click the read more link); probably easy on Mac OS X; on Windows this will
require a slightly larger effort)
- Create SGF trees from an arbitrary starting position from your database. For
instance, in this way you could make Fuseki or Joseki dictionaries.
- Custom menus (as in Kombilo 0.5) to add short-cuts for pattern or game info
searches which you use often.
- Translation to German, and the framework to add other languages.
- More fine-grained date profile information.
- And many other small improvements...
I am working on a Windows installer and hope to add it within a couple of days
... (Update: Now available in version 0.8.1)
Installation on a current Ubuntu box is as easy as:
sudo apt install python-pip python-tk libboost-all-dev libsqlite3-dev
pip install kombilo
After successful installation, you can start the program as kombilo.